Business Loan Program
The Communities Economic Development Fund (CEDF) Business Loan Program provides repayable loans for high-impact economic development opportunities where traditional funding may not be available.
- Natural resource related, such as mining, forestry and commercial fishing, and their supply chains;
- First Nations partnerships;
- Strategic infrastructure.
- Priority will be given to projects that will allow the applicant to leverage and obtain other sources of financial support.
Who can apply?
- Any business entity (e.g. corporation, limited partnership, general partnership, individual/sole proprietorship) north of the 21st
- Any Indigenous entity or partnership that promotes and/or enhances Indigenous economic development outside the City of Winnipeg.
- Applicants with projects requiring financing within the lending limits of Community Futures Manitoba (https://cfmanitoba.ca) or First Peoples Economic Growth Fund (https://www.firstpeoplesfund.ca/) will be referred to these organizations first.
- We are currently not accepting applications for tourism or hospitality projects.
- $2 million maximum.
- No minimum.
- Complete the application form.
- Applications must include the size of the loan requested and proposed use of funds.
- The application form includes a list of supporting documents that must be attached, including a business plan.
- The business plan must:
- Demonstrate the economic viability of the project.
- Demonstrate the strategic benefit of the project for the community/province/northern Manitoba, including local employment impacts
- Provide an estimate of the potential return on the provincial investment.
- Identify the nature and value of assets available to secure the loan.
- Provide proof of other confirmed or pending funding partners (for example: federal government, private lenders, financial institutions).
- Submit application via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 204-778-4313
- Mail: 15 Moak Crescent, Thompson, MB R8N 2B8
For more information, please contact 204-778-4138 or email email@example.com.
To access a Business Loan Application please click here